Our Wish List ...
Big Creek would not exist without the support of our amazing volunteers. We are thankful for your volunteer service and donations. Here are some things we are looking for ... maybe you can help us locate these?
Here are some of our regular needs, and BIG wishes for both campus locations!
Every Day Supply Needs:
– 13 gallon garbage bags / tall kitchen style - Sams Club Item Item # 980143634 - light blue box
– 33+ gallon trash bags Sams Club item Item # 988335 - gray / purple box
– plastic grocery bags - Sams Club item # Item # 29434
- 3 Lb Food Trays - Sams Club item Item # 59990 (blue and black box)
$60,000: Paving the Big Creek Parking Lot (fix safety hazards)
$175,000: could allow us to purchase the old hotel in Leslie Co.
(could be used to spur economic development in Leslie County and provide emergency housing!
SPECIFIC FACILITY RENOVATION NEEDS:
Big Creek Campus:
*New Water line (2") run from meter to building. Appx 600'
*PVC underground pipe lining: Approx 30'
*Concrete polishing - dining room & Gym floors (approx 5000 sf)
*3-phase 208 Generator to equip our facility for emergencies
- minimum 125KW, diesel or propane, portable or stationary
*A/C Ductwork repairs and realignment for efficiency
**Coin Laundromat Equipment: to offer services in both our counties
**A/C Units installed on our summer daycamp buses
*WORK GROUP NEEDS
- Roofing, Steps, Ramps, Plumbing & Electric are common needs.
- Vehicle maintenance! Diesel engines, gas engines (to maintain our summer buses and vans! )
- Volunteers to assist with vehicle maintenance and safety checks (brakes, fluids, safety)
*Food Pantry Needs
We do appreciate all food donations. However, financial gifts go farther as we can purchase food items from food banks for pennies on the dollar
Non-perishable food items that people WANT to eat. Examples:
- Peanut Butter
-Canned Veggies: Corn, Green Beans, other vegetables
-Canned “chef boyardee” type pastas
-Pasta Sauces (spaghetti, etc)
-condiments (mustard, mayo, ketchup, jellies)–
- baking goods (flour, butter, sugar, spices)
*Hygiene Kit Supplies!! We will make and distribute to children and families in need!
Toothpastes & Toothbrushes
Shaving Cream / Razors
*Basic Home Supplies: We will deliver these with food baskets!
Local Construction Ministry Supplies
Contact us for specific information